Over the past two and a half years we have noticed our summers get a little quieter at Mission, and this summer we used this opportunity to get involved in planning for the upcoming months, get involved with outreach programs, as well as prepare our new and improved gym space that we cannot wait to present to you soon.
While the long hot days of August may be on their way out the door, events at MissionFit are on their way in!
Starting this next Saturday, September 2nd, MissionFit will be hosting it's first ever Powerlifting Seminar brought to you by MEGSQUATS. She will graciously be donating all of the proceeds to MissionFit, a non-profit gym for Baltimore's youth.
Meg, a top USAPL 63 kg competitor, will be demoing and teaching the Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift in this interactive coaching seminar.
Click here to register!
- Remington Community Picnic - MissionFit Tour
- When: Saturday September 9th 20017, (12:00pm - 2:00pm)
- What: A peek into our non-profit gym! We're here to answer any and all of your burning questions about MissionFit all while enjoying a delicious plate of food. There will also be tours of Blue Water Baltimore, Free Bike Maintenance from Twenty20, dog activities from Good Doggie Day Care, as well as a recycling bin giveaway. Come join us and the Remington community!
Save The Date!
- Grand Opening Party!
- When: Friday, October 27 2017, (7:00pm - 11:00pm)
- What: This is the day we've all been waiting for! The day we welcome our true supporters into the gym buildout that we have been working on for months. Come join us for food, music, and much more. Ticket info and event details coming soon, stay tuned!
MissionFit works to educate Baltimore's Future Coaches and Personal Trainers.
Through our mentoring program, participants work alongside a certified trainer to develop skills in safety and professionalism, fitness programming, and client relationship and development.
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive their ACE Certification, fully paid for by MissionFit, and may find new employment opportunities available to them such as working with MissionFit or any other commercial gym facility or they may choose to start and run their own small business (i.e. boot camp, personal training, etc).
When we asked Osi what first got him involved in fitness, he replied, "Around a year ago, late may I was walking around NYC with friend, and realized I wasn’t fit enough to live in the city. When I got back home, I walked past the gym at school, and started using it."
Osi doesn't want to just experience the benefits of the gym alone, he wants to learn how to share and teach fitness to others, "I genuinely feel like I was meant to do something great. I'm a first generation american, Nigerian parents. I see how much opportunity I have, and want to take advantage of the gifts I have and wants to master them!".